Tuesday, February 3, 2009



The day began with a memorable Kiss. . . better than this blooming hibiscus on a sweet February day! And that's saying something :-)
Grey was the dominant color and so I began composing haiku at an accererated rate to share the experience:
Tropical grey hues
Taupe sand, slate sea, pewter sky
Hanalei drizzle.

No way around it grey and damp everywhere. We ate at home and headed South to do some shopping for the people we love at home. ( We love you all; that's why I bought Macadamia nut Hershey's kisses!)
Arriving at Kekaha in the sun, why didn't I wear a swimsuit under my clothes? Apparently I am not the optomist I thought I was :-)
We had a fine long 'explore' maybe three miles on a steep graded beach with lovely waves. We both had armpits ringed in wetness by the time we were done.
Waimea Brewpub awaited us. As Dan described, tired, thirsty and very hungry, no problem, we took it in our stride. The waitstaff was running. Babies wailed, people relaxed to the Hawaiian music and drew deep breaths when they could.
My intention this week was to practice Shani (taking that pause). Time for a bloom!
So we can respond in the way we choose to respond.



And then I blew it. I was so lost in the 'Ugly American' moment, my response was instinctive. A woman was harassing a slight Hawaiian server who was serving her as well as he was able. She was like a pit bull locked about his leg, arguing and smiling with satisfaction. She smiled at me engagingly. I spoke quietly, "Shut up." with no forethought at all :-( "You are being rude." She aggressively argued defending her position. "You are still rude" I insisted.
And I looked down to break eye contact. I was shocked by my unpremeditated reaction. I looked at Dan to confirm what had just happened. Oh, yes, that was me.
I layed down when we got home just to think it over.
Relax Deeply opened with a poem called' " I must tell you" by Rumi. I smiled to myself.Do you believe that every thing that happens is perfect and happens for a reason whether or not we understand it?
The poem explains that some people need words, they don't "GET IT". Was I just the messenger? OMG
Dan prepared a wonderful dinner Kauai yams ans greens served with a Roast chicken. Best husband ever!! He in fact was Proud of my reaction. Where's the shanti? I know where the Love is~

No comments:

Post a Comment